Reflective walks & Quiet Days
Quiet Days for Churches
Parable Garden are delighted to host Quiet Days in partnership with churches. This works particularly well where churches have access to gardens or where congregation members who enjoy sharing hospitality, have homes with gardens that could be used as part of the Quiet Day. Read more...
Reflective walks with the Creator
Parable Garden Team are delighted to partner with churches in hosting tailor-made ‘walks with the Creator’ that integrate creativity inspired by the unique landmarks and features in their parishes.
Many times Jesus used illustrations from nature and the language of farming in his teachings to awaken inquiry and impress His truth upon people’s hearts. Time outdoors and space for creativity at different points on the walk will allow both adults and children to explore the parables and help them understand these spiritual truths more clearly than just reading from scripture.
Themes for reflective walks can include:
- Abiding– reflections on John 15 using the grapevine or other fruit trees in an orchard
- Consider the birds and lilies– reflections on Matthew 6 in a wild flower meadow or habitat where flowers and birds are common.
- Stepping into the Story – reflections on the Parable of the Sower. Different areas of the farm could be used, for example a field of wheat or barley, a set aside area, stony path.
- Reflecting His Glory – reflections on the journey of transformation from caterpillar to butterfly in areas of the farm where there are suitable butterfly habitats, for example meadows, woodland rides and glades.
- Waiting – a key to empowerment in the spiritual life – a reflection on the psalms and the image of a waiting heron. Ponds, lakes or rivers where herons are present.
- Restoration -‘The Lord is my shepherd’- reflection on Psalm 23 on farms where sheep are grazed.
If you would like to know more about our or to discuss how we can host creative walks in partnership with you, please click here or email email@example.com