Parable Treasure Hunting themed day and creative project work
Delivered in partnership with school staff, parents, local clergy and volunteers these high quality themed enrichment days provide schools with an opportunity to explore and deepen their understanding of what makes their school distinctive through creative engagement with selected parables.
This day would start with an assembly to introduce the theme and purpose of the day and then lead into a carousel of creative workshops, delivered by Parable Garden team and school staff. The workshops might be on the following themes:
- Parable banner-making on different parables for example ‘The Sower, The Mustard Seed, The Talents, The Good Shepherd.
- Clay workshops making birds, seeds and thistle cane tops for The Sower’s Prayer Garden
- Pebble Poetry – each pupil writing individual words from the Parable of the Sower on pebbles to retell the story along the path in the Sower’s Garden.
- Planting fruit trees to create an orchard.
- Planting seeds for the raised beds, planters and The Sower’s Garden
Celebration Assembly – whole school gather to reflect on the day, pupil feedback, songs and closing prayer
If you are interested in finding out more about The Parable Garden Enrich programme or to discuss bespoke project ideas, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact us by clicking here or email firstname.lastname@example.org