Farm Retreat Days
Parable Garden Retreat Day Leaflet Please click here to contact us for further information or email us - email@example.com Themes for Quiet Days include:Parable Garden Team are delighted to partner with farmers in hosting tailor-made Quiet Days inspired by the unique landmarks and features on their farm. Many times Jesus used illustrations from nature and the language of farming in his teachings to awaken inquiry and impress His truth upon people’s hearts. Time outdoors and space for creativity will allow both adults and children to explore the parables and help them understand these spiritual truths more clearly than just reading from scripture. A typical Parable Garden quiet day integrates reflective activities using scripture and outdoor spaces, as well as times for silence, walks and space for creativity. On some quiet days, cultivation activities are offered to enable exploration of seasonal cycles and ways that they can reflect stages and situations in life’s journey. We provide additional resources on the day to complement the venue and theme. For an example of reflective material that we provide, tailored to each Quiet Day please click on the link
- Abiding– reflections on John 15 using the grapevine or other fruit trees in an orchard
- Consider the birds and lilies– reflections on Matthew 6 in a wildflower meadow or habitat where flowers and birds are common.
- Stepping into the Story – reflections on the Parable of the Sower. Different areas of the farm could be used, e.g. a field of wheat or barley, a set aside area, stony path.
- Reflecting His Glory – reflections on the journey of transformation from caterpillar to butterfly in areas of the farm where there are suitable butterfly habitats, e.g. meadows, woodland rides and glades.
- Waiting – a key to empowerment in the spiritual life – a reflection on the psalms and the image of a waiting heron. Ponds, lakes or rivers where herons are present.
- Restoration -‘The Lord is my shepherd’- reflection on Psalm 23 on farms where sheep are grazed.
- Shades of Winter - Light and dark - a reflection on Psalm 147 and how winter landscapes and gardens can provide helpful keys to spiritual growth
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
parable of the sower-field of wheat and path
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
consider the birds-matthew 6