Parable Garden Enrich Programme - Exploring Christian distinctiveness through creativity and gardening
Parable Garden's team of experienced specialist teachers and artists are delighted to offer you support in enriching Christian distinctiveness and ethos. Their 'Enrich' programme of Collective worship and whole school creative project work, including Parable Prayer Gardens are tailored for your school community.
The programme delivered over an agreed time frame could typically include the following:
Assembly 1 Parables for Life - Local clergy introducing Jesus teaching through The Parables and how they can be used as keys to understanding the Kingdom of God and relationship with God
Assembly 2 Finding treasure in Parables - Headteacher explaining how Jesus' teaching of selected parables as it applies to individual, school and community life
'Treasure Hunting' Parable-themed day and creative project work - planned and delivered in partnership with school staff, parents, local clergy and volunteers, provide schools with an opportunity to explore and enrich their understanding of what makes their school distinctive through creative engagement with selected parables.
This day would start with an assembly to introduce the theme and purpose of the day and then lead into a carousel of creative workshops, delivered by Parable Garden team and school staff. The workshops might be on the following themes:
- Parable banner-making on different parables for example 'The Sower, The Mustard Seed, The Talents, The Good Shepherd.
- Clay workshops making birds, seeds and thistle cane tops for The Sower's Prayer Garden
- Pebble Poetry - each pupil writing individual words from the Parable of the Sower on pebbles to retell the story along the path in the Sower's Garden.
- Planting fruit trees to create an orchard.
- Planting seeds for the raised beds, planters and The Sower's Garden
Celebration Assembly - whole school gather to reflect on the day, pupil feedback, songs and closing prayer
If you are interested in finding out more about The Parable Garden Enrich programme or to discuss bespoke project ideas, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact us by clicking here or email: email@example.com
Please scroll our photo gallery of Parable Garden Enrich Programmes that we have successfully delivered in schools.
Key features of this unique and inclusive church and community partnership approach include:
- effective project management and facilitation
- enabling whole school participation and opportunities for cross-phase learning
- collaborative creative workshops skill building across the curriculum
- planning learning activities that nurturing relationship building and skills in listening and team work
- integrating opportunities for personal and group creative reflection as part of the learning journey
- ensuring high quality outcomes such as Parable-themed artwork for the school hall and Parable Prayer Garden
Click on the link to find out about endorsed benefits of Parable Garden's approach to enriching Christian distinctiveness